Sustainability & Fair Business
V DESIGN LAB creates unique and sustainable pieces of jewellery using mostly up-cycled brass, Certified Recycled Sterling Silver 925, often 18Kt Gold plated, or recycled gold upon request.
Sustainability is not only about certificates, though important, but it’s a mindset which drives what I do both personally and businesswise.
I stand by the ESG Framework: Environment, Society and Governance.
Environment – V DESIGN LAB Jewellery is handcrafted by a small goldsmith atelier in Vicenza Northern Italy, not far from Venice, a worldwide renowned hotbed for jewellery, source supplies also in Switzerland, uses Certified Recycled Silver and recycled / upcyled materials or elements whenever possible (also when creating new jewellery).
Society – I support local businesses, fostering century long craftmanship and traditions.
Governance – V DESIGN LAB plays by the rules, is transparent and has a very close relationship with its collaborators and clients too with whom I strive to create a community and have a creative collaboration to ultimately improve my jewellery and offer a better product and service and have people around me happy (while respecting people and the environment).
V DESIGN LAB Jewellery:
- is commited to reduce waste by having a fast & direct result by prototyping
- produces small quantities mostly in Italy or within the European Union
- collaborates and provides employment fairly to small artisans laboratories
- fosters nice, cooperative, productive and inclusive relationships
- talks directly to the final consumer whenever possible to collect feedback, sharing ideas, etc… first hand
Kaizen - Continuous Improvement
V DESIGN LAB Jewellery is committed to keep exploring the jewellery world, learning everyday and trying to improve every bit of the process in any possible way compatibly with the available tools, skills and time